Useful Game Commands
Generally speaking, NorConMUSH has a lot of cool little tools to help make your RP life a lot easier. All of these are detailed in +help, however we'd like to highlight a few that we think bear special mention for their high degree of helpfulness.
- +meetme - possibly the best little bit of MUSH code ever written. +meetme allows a player in any location, even a private room, to send a meetme to another player. When the other player accepts the meetme, he or she is transported to the host's location. Players may also 'summon' the initiator of a meetme to their location instead. Check out "+help meetme" for instructions on how to use the command.
- +tel - +tel lists jump_ok locations on the game by area. You can also set up a personal list of tel-able locations with your own personal aliases for those places. This makes it a lot easier to get around the game, without having to walk through a lot of rooms. Check out "+help tel" on the game for instructions on how to use the command.
- +wear - Global code to set up different outfits for your character. Check out "+help desc" for more information.
- +mystuff - This commands lists all of the rooms, exits, objects etc. that you own. You can have it list everything that you own, or view by type. This is basically a short cut for @search with attributes. Check out "+help mystuff" on the game for more information.
- +wysk - WYSK stands for "What You Should Know" and is basically a simple way to list out publicly known information about your character. You can list whatever you want in +wysk, but generally speaking, the family secrets shouldn't be spelled out there. The fact that your character sometimes acts dodgy and secretive, however, could be a good one to put into WYSK so that other players know that this is an existing hook about your character. Check out "+help wysk" on the game for more information.
- +timeline - This little bit of code allows individuals and areas to log events into a globally accessible timeline. Your private timeline is only viewable by you, but you can set items on it from anywhere and view items in it from anywhere on the game. Likewise, you can specificy an area to get a paginated list of events that have occurred in that area. The staff of each area are in charge of maintaining +timeline. The easiest way to use it, is to hit +timeline/add during or right after you've played a key scene. The game will put the current data and time on the entry for you. You can also backdate entries, however, if you forget to add the scene right away. A link to a log may be included and you can set timeline to notify you when key events in your character's life are approaching, like a child's birthday, the anniversary of a promotion and so on. Check out "+help timeline" for more information.
- +dwho is an easy way to look up dragon information from anywhere on the game. You can view a dragon's projected final size, who the dragon's rider is, what wing the pair are in and all sorts of useful dragon information using this command. Check out "+help dwho" for more information and all of the different options.
- +npc - This command allows you to look up NPCs on the game. You may create NPCs using +help npc setup. Any player can enter an NPC into the NPC list. Check the list for useful NPC information such as what the Lords of different Holds are like, who the current Masterharper is and other interesting tidbits.